Friday, July 28, 2006

John Dean, leftist

John Dean (yes, that one) uses the F-word (no, not that one):
"Are we on the road to fascism? Clearly, we are not on that road yet. But it would not take much more misguided authoritarian leadership, or thoughtless following of such leaders, to find ourselves there. I am not sure which is more frightening: another major terror attack or the response of authoritarian conservatives to that attack."
"Cheney has swallowed the presidency."
"My views have changed very little over the last 40 years. The Republican Party and conservatism have moved so far to the right that I'm now left of center."

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:02 PM

    "so far to the right that I'm now left of center."
    I know the feeling. I was a lefty. Then the carpet shifted under me and I moved into no-man's-land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No-man's-land is getting pretty crowded these days. Until 9/11 I was a lefty whose actual political activity consisted almost exclusively of swearing at the TV.

    Blogging has quite a lot in common with swearing at the TV. We should take a tip from the Mexicans, who are currently blocking their capital city and squatting the stock exchange.

    - w.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:35 PM

    Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:48 AM

    I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
    »

    ReplyDelete